Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Multivalue fields with "look up names as each characters is entered" property enabled add comma to the value end in Lotus Notes 8.5.3.FP6

Hi

Probably it worked always like that but I just noticed that when you set Names/Authors/Readers field as Multivalue field and enable "look up names as each characters is entered" property, unexpected comma appears in the end of value in UI, though back-end value is OK.

I experienced that only in LN 8.5.3.
I checked it in LN 9.01 and it was OK (no comma) there.

Look on screens below


This strange behavior confuses users - they ask me if there is any 'empty value' in the field.
I also used to see comma only if there is any value following by it.
Comma deleting does not help - it appears on any refresh or save.
This is so odd :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment